Kilkenny landscape photography

Mist on the kings river kilkenny

Nikon D7000, 50mm f1.4 lens, iso 400
Kings river, kilkenny landscape images
Nigel Borrington

Misty Morning on the Kings river…

The Kings River (Irish: Abhainn Rí), flows through South Tipperary and County Kilkenny. It is a tributary of the River Nore.

It has its source in the Slieveardagh Hills in South Tipperary.It has many tributaries of its own.There are three main tributaries that are not named but are the original sources.One started as a spring in the townsland of Ballyphilip.The two remaining tributaries rise in the townsland of Gurteen. It flows southeast from the hills and crosses into County Kilkenny. It is joined by the Munster River before passing through the town of Callan. It continues eastwards from Callan, past Kells and joins the River Nore west of Thomastown.

Last one for today…

I am about to start re-designing my http://www.studio63.ie web site, I need to start thinking about how to rebuild this and my business ideas, who knows what to do at the moment, but here goes anyway!!

1. noelgreene

Hello Nigel, I really like this image. Tremendous mood and fantastic light. Also the river names and the places so remind me of Ireland, almost musical

April 29, 2013 at 2:52 pm

2. Hello Noel,

Thank you, this time of year is just wonderful in the mornings, it not summer yet but just hot enough for some early mist.

The Kings river is our local river through Callan and in parts its just magical. Its not long about 20k but it has about 6 or 7 old mills on it, as you can tell I really love it….

I am very pleased you enjoyed this image Noel 🙂

Nigel

April 29, 2013 at 2:58 pm

3. Excellent.

April 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm

4. Checked out your website! Looks great already so now I am looking forward to seeing what comes next!

April 29, 2013 at 8:42 pm

• Well lets see, I want to bring the feeling we have here into it somehow yet still be able to create some more business with it..

One day at a time – with it , as everything I guess!

🙂

April 29, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Beautiful!

April 30, 2013 at 1:01 am

6. poppytump

This is really .. really .. lovely Nigel . The light and mist and whole feeling to it … I’m thinking now of The Lady Of Shalott … JWWaterhouse ..
    🙂

April 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm

• Hello Poppy 🙂

Thank you :), Thats a lovely comparison to make and some compliment – thank you 🙂

My sister loved that painting when we were kids and had in hanging in her bed room, I just about remember the river and the trees and this almost haunted looking women on a boat is that the one ?

April 30, 2013 at 4:20 pm

7. victoriaaphotography

I love mist in photos.
    There’s just something so magical about it.

I checked out your new website and might suggest that while I like the layout very much, there’s a bit too much space between photos and wording – looks a little ‘loose’. (hope you don’t mind me saying this).

May 1, 2013 at 6:11 am