Jerpoint abbey, county Kilkenny

Jerpoint Abbey 1
A sense of place,Jerpoint Abbey, County Kilkenny
Irish Landscape Photography : Nigel Borrington

A Sense of Place, Jerpoint Abbey

I intend to post a more detailed article about Jerpoint abbey soon, however here I just want to post some Images that I hope give you a feeling for this wonderful Cistercian abbey founded in the second half of the 12th century. The abbey is located near Thomastown, county Kilkenny.

For the moment if you would like more details on the abbey please following the link above.

Jerpoint Abbey, a black and white Gallery

Jerpoint Abbey 2

Jerpoint Abbey 3

Jerpoint Abbey 4

Jerpoint Abbey 5

Jerpoint Abbey 1

Jerpoint Abbey 6

1. It would have been quite impressive in its day. I look forward to seeing more πŸ™‚

October 4, 2013 at 12:56 pm

• Hello Norma πŸ™‚

Yes There is a full visitors center that shows you how it did look, I have some pic’s I will post next time, but it was just amazing and surrounded by a full village, no longer any evidence of this but it was big !

October 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm

2. Absolutely beautiful!!!! I love the second one! Is it a stone sarcophagus…?

October 4, 2013 at 2:12 pm

3. Oh another wonderful abbey – I just love these Nigel!!

October 4, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Such great choices with your angles and perspectives Nigel. Beautiful gallery. It’s Iike turning corners to find the next hidden treasure before your eyes.

October 5, 2013 at 6:13 am

• Hello Anne, Thank you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Lovely comments to receive on my Saturday morning, great start to the weekend – Thank you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 5, 2013 at 10:20 am

5. Fantastic Nigel!! Nice to see the scaffolding gone now πŸ™‚

October 6, 2013 at 4:20 am

• Hello Mary πŸ™‚

Thank you :), yes it look like they did a great job too πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 7, 2013 at 12:23 pm