Robin Hood’s Bay, A fishing Village, North York Moors National Park

Robin Hood’s Bay Fishing village North York Moors National Park
Nigel Borrington

Robin Hood’s Bay is a small fishing village and a bay located within the North York Moors National Park, five miles south of Whitby and fifteen miles north of Scarborough on the stunning coast line of North Yorkshire, England.

“Bay Town” is its local name, in the ancient chapelry of Fylingdales in the wapentake of Whitby Strand. The origin of the name is uncertain, and it is doubtful if Robin Hood was ever in the vicinity.

An English ballad and legend tell a story of Robin Hood encountering French pirates who came to pillage the fisherman’s boats and the northeast coast. The pirates surrendered and Robin Hood returned the loot to the poor people in the village that is now called Robin Hood’s Bay

This Village on the Yorkshire Coast is one of the most Beautiful villages in the UK, Here I share a collection of Photographs taken during a visit at the start of May 2017, I hope that I have captured a small sense of this idyllic English sea side village as I enjoyed our time spend here very much and will look back with very fond memories …..

Robin Hood’s Bay, A Sense of place ….

1. Oh wow! What gorgeous photos! Absolutely magical! 😍😍😍

May 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm

• Hi Trini 🙂 🙂

Thank you , I just love this visit – it was very hard to get back in the car and move on with our tour 🙂 🙂

Thanks – Have a great weekend 🙂 🙂

May 12, 2017 at 4:53 pm

2. Beautiful place Nigel – great photographs and write up. Have a wonderful weekend.

May 12, 2017 at 5:29 pm

and the same for yourself , enjoy 🙂 🙂

May 12, 2017 at 5:31 pm

3. I remember going there in my earlier years. There was a book shop on a steep hill with a bookcase outside. We put a brick under one end and it looked like all the houses were sliding down the hill.

May 13, 2017 at 10:40 pm

• Hi Elaine

I will check my pictures and see if the Book shop is still there, I have a feeling it is ! as we walked past a book shop on the hill for sure 🙂

I hope one day to return, its located just about as far away from ourselves here in Ireland as we can get , I would love to return one day even so 🙂 🙂

May 14, 2017 at 7:19 pm