Hook head Light house county Wexford, Charcoal and Pastel, Nigel Borrington

Hookhead lighthouse
County Wexford
Charcoal and Pastel Nigel Borrington Feb 2019

Friday Charcoal and Pastel drawing

The lighthouse at Hookhead, county Wexford – Drawing using Charcoal and Pastel on a sheet of A2 cartridge paper.

I have wanted to include the hookhead lighthouse in drawing for sometime so today I used a photo taken about 6 years ago taken one February evening on a walk around the base of the lighthouse looking out to sea. It was late evening just after sunset and light had just just been turned on, a magical moment to be there.

The drawing today took about four hours to complete and is one of the drawing in the last week that I have enjoyed working on the most πŸ™‚ …..

1. Wow Nigel I love your drawing. Is this the lighthouse I sometimes see in British tv shows? I love the countryside where you live. πŸ¦‹πŸ’œ

February 8, 2019 at 4:35 pm

• Hi Michelle πŸ™‚

Thank you , that’s a lovely reaction πŸ™‚

Yes hookhead is so well known and loved , there was a great three series program here on Irish lighthouses last year, by rte , I don’t know if you can find it where you are but it was amazing πŸ™‚

February 8, 2019 at 4:54 pm

• I thought I recognized it, I’m going to look for that series. I love British tv. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

February 8, 2019 at 5:58 pm

• Hi Michelle

Here is a link to the DVD

Just so you know and with the kindest of respect but Ireland is not in the UK and so not Britain 😊. The Irish get very upset about this one, confusing as Europe is so small when compared to the US πŸ˜‰

February 8, 2019 at 11:15 pm

• OH okay. So sorry about that. You are right I don’t know about all that. I stand corrected! πŸ™‚

February 10, 2019 at 8:13 pm

• hi Michelle πŸ™‚

No corrections needed just help !

February 11, 2019 at 1:39 am

• Thank you for this Nigel I’m going to check it out now! πŸ™‚ Happy weekend to you!

February 10, 2019 at 8:11 pm