Wild Mushrooms in the Irish woodlands.

Irish wild Mushrooms 1
All images using a Fujifilm X100
Autumn Mushrooms at Woodstock, County Kilkenny
Irish Nature and landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

On Saturday while walking through the woodlands above the River Barrow, Woodstock, Inistioge in county Kilkenny. At the back of a farm yard I came across these Mushrooms growing in the ground of the woodland.

At this time of year just as the Autumn is taking a hold the local woodlands come to life with all kinds of Mushrooms, I managed to get the below pictures and intend to go hunting for more during the week and next weekend.

The Image above is of Shaggy ink cap (Coprinus comatus) Mushrooms and below are Sulphur Tuft (Hypholoma fasciculare) mushrooms .

Irish wild mushrooms, Gallery

Irish wild Mushrooms 5

Irish wild Mushrooms 6

Irish wild Mushrooms 2

Irish wild Mushrooms 3

Irish wild Mushrooms 4

1. What a fantastic gallery Nigel.

Toadstools, clusters of mushrooms that look like imaginary frosted grapes :), a place to rest before continuing on deeper to the woodlands.

What else is necessary for an autumn walk. Nothing!

Love these very much πŸ™‚

October 8, 2013 at 7:16 pm

2. Hello Sharon, Thank you – yes, Autumn I just love walks at this end of the year πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

October 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm

3. Nigel
    I wanted to ask you if you mind if I post photos of a day with my Angel dog? My Angel used to run with me every night. But she is getting older and can’t run anymore. So today because of your love for Molly I took Angel to the park and un-leashed her…..She ran and had so much fun! Thanks to you I would have never thought of this alternative to my running life style. My photos pale in comparison to yours of Molly! But I wanted to ask you if you mind if I post them of my Angel? My day with her?

October 13, 2013 at 2:25 am

• Hello Michelle πŸ™‚

Thank you for such a wonderful message πŸ™‚

I truly am over the moon for you and your dog, I just cannot find the words to say how happy I am that she had a great run and play πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Truly it not about the photo’s it about sharing your time with her πŸ™‚ but thank you for the kind comments πŸ™‚

DO I mind, absolutely not – I would love it if you shared you time with her with everyone else here including myself πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Share Michelle as soon as you can πŸ™‚

October 13, 2013 at 7:58 pm

• My photos are not as nice as yours but here she is in all her bear like glory! My daughter always says, “Mom don’t let Angel out it’s hunting season and someone might mistake her for a small bear.” Hey! She is fluffy for sure.
        This is my post! πŸ™‚ Thank you Nigel for the sweet encouragement. We sure love our 4 legged friends! Have a super Sunday!

October 13, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Gorgeous images – like something from a fairy tale!

October 17, 2013 at 1:09 pm