Dunmore east, county Waterford

Dunmore east 7
Dunmore east, fishing village in County Waterford, Ireland.
All images using a Fujifilm x100
Irish landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

Dunmore east is one of my favourite places in Ireland to visit with a camera, its fishing harbour is the countries second busiest and on the day the fish is landed for the fish-market, it is full of life and colour with the boats all being in port.

The day I went down to capture these images I took my then new fuji-film X100 and took many images along the quays, the following gallery I hope captures a sense of this wonderful place to visit and take photographs.

Dunmore east, image Gallery

Dunmore east 6

Dunmore east 5

Dunmore east 4

Dunmore east 3

Dunmore east 1

Dunmore east 22

Dunmore east 21

Dunmore east 20

1. artscottnet

Hi Nigel. I never have understood why harbors are so peaceful; there are the sounds, of course – birds, water, ships – and the smells. I suppose what I find the most fascinating are the shapes and lines of the ships. Excellent captures, Nigel.

August 27, 2013 at 4:11 pm

• Hello Scott ,

Yes that’s very true, I think it could be because Harbours take you out of your usual world and into another place, a place so full of differences it’s hard to imagine the life the people working there have.

August 28, 2013 at 9:36 am

2. Bravo..I can even smell the ocean and taste the brine!

August 27, 2013 at 6:01 pm

• Hello Navery,

I am very pleased you visited Dunmore harbour in your mind, just Wonderful 🙂

August 28, 2013 at 9:38 am

3. I love all these shots. But the first shot with the rust on that boat and the last shot of the chain… extra love.

August 27, 2013 at 6:13 pm

• Hello Elen 🙂

Thank you, yes I love the old rusty things too 🙂 , great you enjoyed 🙂

August 28, 2013 at 9:39 am

4. This brings me back. My Dad worked with trawlers and many days were spent on piers in the Summer. I can smell it. Thank you. I love this post.

August 27, 2013 at 9:36 pm

• Hello Tric 🙂

A pleasure, very pleased that it took you back, that must have been brilliant as a kid too be hanging out around these spaces – Wonderful 🙂

August 28, 2013 at 9:41 am

5. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

Lovely photos.
    Makes me wish I had a fishing town close to home. I can almost smell the sea from your photos.

August 28, 2013 at 2:02 am

• Hello Vicki 🙂

Thank you, yes me too, I get down there as often as possible but I would love to just walk out the door 🙂

August 28, 2013 at 9:42 am

Beautiful bursts of colour!

September 3, 2013 at 7:14 am