Derriana lake – County Kerry

a holiday in Kerry 9
Derriana Lodge, County Kerry
Irish Landscape Photography : Nigel Borrington

Derriana Lake, a home for two weeks

On the 31st of July I reached the fine age of 50 and along with friends and family we went to Kerry for two weeks. Staying in a self-catering lodge called Derriana lodge

I would very much like to say thank you to family and friends for making the time spent away just brilliant and also some of you noticed my birthday date from my face-book page, so I would like to say thank you for sending me Happy Birthday messages !

The lodge is just a wonderful place to stay as its located above Derriana Lake, county Kerry, the below images are just some that I took during the two week’s. You have already seen some of the others from my posts during the two weeks away.

I will post more !

Thank you to everyone again for such a great time !

Panoramic views of the Lodge and Lake

a holiday in Kerry 3

a holiday in Kerry 2

a holiday in Kerry 1

Image Gallery of the Lake

a holiday in Kerry 8

a holiday in Kerry 4

a holiday in Kerry 5

a holiday in Kerry 6

a holiday in Kerry 7

1. That house looks like it should be in Vermont. May I have it? πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 1:06 pm

• Hello Amy πŸ™‚

Get in line πŸ™‚ , If it ever became available I think I would be down there in a flash πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 1:32 pm

2. And a very Happy Birthday, Nigel

August 13, 2013 at 1:08 pm

August 13, 2013 at 1:33 pm

• You’re very welcome. I enjoy seeing your work on my
        Facebook wall. It is like having a piece of Ireland just for me.:). -amy

August 20, 2013 at 1:38 am

3. Ajaytao2010

I Nominate you for A Bunch of Awards – 13 Nominations

please choose any 2 awards out of the 13
    accept it and oblige

there are no linkbacks for this award

August 13, 2013 at 1:19 pm

• Hello πŸ™‚

That is wonderful of you, I will go and check out the link πŸ™‚

Many Many Thanks πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 1:34 pm

• Ajaytao2010

August 13, 2013 at 4:49 pm

4. Reblogged this on My Choice and commented:
    I was once in Ireland for a week or so and am sooooooo glad that Nigel keeps me updated with his part of this island. Wonderful pictures and, also important, I recognize the maker as soon as I see one of his pictures!!! That’s quite an achievement!

August 13, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Belated happy birthday Nigel!!! Looks like you celebrated in style. May the next 50 be as happy, adventurous and fulfilling! Absolutely stunning gallery of photos. The light and colours in these are magnificent. You have a wonderful talent for celebrating locales – they always look so idyllic. Bord Failte should give you a full-time job.

August 13, 2013 at 1:47 pm

• Hello Anne πŸ™‚

Yes had a great time in a wonderful location, one you know well :), it’s just fantastic down in Kerry. I fell in love with Ireland all over again πŸ™‚

That’s a very welcome a lovely comment about the images, thank you Anne – It would be a great start to my second ten years living here – we will see if I can get something going like that , again, still loving taking and sharing images of Ireland even so πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Nigel

August 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

• 1annecasey

: ))))))))

August 14, 2013 at 12:24 pm

6. Happy birthday Nigel – what a sensible age to be and what a great place to celebrate. Superb. I think the little, little house for the kids is an especially good idea.

August 13, 2013 at 3:27 pm

• Hello Chas

Yes the house was really designed very well, who ever built it πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 4:44 pm

7. Nigel it’s great to have you back blogging again!

Your images, that lovely cottage, the mountains, the lake……….they all look as if you plucked them right out of a storybook :-). So glad you enjoyed yourself. πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 3:41 pm

• Hello Sharon πŸ™‚

Thank you and yes the place could not have been any better πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

We Really loved my time there πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 4:46 pm

8. artscottnet

Greetings, Nigel! Happy belated birthday! I can tell from your brilliantly captured images that you had a fantastic time, and with views like that! I love the light in the last image especially contrasting the distant hills, beautiful.

August 13, 2013 at 3:58 pm

• Hello Scott πŸ™‚

It was just a wonderful location for images, the light and weather changed everyday πŸ™‚ even every hour πŸ™‚

August 13, 2013 at 4:47 pm

9. Belated happy birthday, Nigel. You have obviously celebrated in style – what a wonderful place! πŸ™‚

August 14, 2013 at 12:41 am

• Hello Ws πŸ™‚

Thank you and yes had a great time thank you, Kerry is just wonderful and I have got to love it all over again πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

August 14, 2013 at 10:39 am

10. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday. Happy Belated Birthday.
    Looks like a lovely part of the country to be in too.

August 14, 2013 at 2:24 am

• Hello Victoria, πŸ™‚

Thank you, yes !!!! for me it was just a wonderful place to be in, great Landscape and wild life everywhere πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

August 14, 2013 at 10:40 am

11. Happy belated birthday! What a beautiful place! Love the panoramics!

August 14, 2013 at 6:12 pm

• Hello Rene πŸ™‚

Very pleased you liked the images πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

August 15, 2013 at 5:16 pm

12. Be still my heart. Stunning panoramic shots. A belated Happy Birthday, Nigel! Oh, and I’m getting in line for the house. Yep.

August 17, 2013 at 6:02 am