Lake Windermere

three rowing boats on Windermere lake
Nikon D200,50mm f1.4 lens
Rowing boats at windermere
Nigel Borrington

Rowing the waters

If you do go to Lake windermere then rowing on the lake on a good day is one thing you will never forget doing!

Rowing Boats

Rowing boats are available from the wooden huts to the right of Bowness promenade and from Waterhead (Ambleside). Rowing Boats are Β£13.00 for 1 or 2 adults and children under 16 are free.

They are open in the summer every day from 9.00am.

The views you will get on the windermere open water are unforgettable…

Lake windermere

1. Such a pretty place πŸ™‚

May 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

• Hi Norma,

Yes Norma I Love it here its one of the few places you can go, that’s always packed with people yet you will love every second and feel totally relaxed after a week.

πŸ™‚

May 1, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Unforgettable images Nigel – just beautiful!

May 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

3. cd1972

Great photo! I like the 50mm lens.

May 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

• Thank you cd !

Yes, I love this lens, On the D200 or any apc its a great fill the frame and short tele lens. On my old film camera its depth of field is just wonderful!

If I forgot everything else but still had this lens and by D200, I would still have everything I needed !

Thanks for you comment CD !!!

May 1, 2013 at 12:16 pm

• cd1972

Most of the time I`m using my D200 with the cheaper 1.8 50mm. Maybe I`ll buy the 1.4 in the future.

May 1, 2013 at 12:23 pm

• Both are good, but you will love the extra stop, the depth of field is perfect and needed for an apc.

You know what I have slrs for weddings and studio work, D700/7000 etc..

However I still love my d200 like Nikon only just released it, Its as close to using film as you get and it gives you that film grain effect just perfectly!

No slr is perfect but they all give you something different and the d200 will be a classic !

May 1, 2013 at 12:31 pm

• cd1972

Nice to hear that about the D200. I like the D200 pretty much too πŸ™‚ The D700 will be my next SLR, for shooting in low light situations, I often have to deal with at work.

May 1, 2013 at 6:47 pm

• Hi.

If you can don’t sell your D200, they still have a big usage factor….

The D700 in use for weddings is wonderful in low light, but again you have to see each camera for what it does well and I still look at my D200 images from when I first got it and since and have to wonder what I can really pull it apart for.

I could tell its limitations soon after getting it and can work with them and around them even today!

You also have to ask why Nikon and others started adding video from the D300 on, could this be because they knew that actual raw image quality had almost peeked?

May 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm

4. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place! I visited the Lakes recently and it was a fantastic break away from day job.

May 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

• Thank you for your great comment :), Yes its a magical place to de-stress !

May 1, 2013 at 4:06 pm

5. Wonderful.

May 1, 2013 at 4:31 pm

6. Oh….such joyous saturation.

May 1, 2013 at 11:03 pm

7. poppytump

hi Nigel … your gorgeous shots have given me an amazing thought that ..yes .. ok I’ll give The Lakes another try πŸ˜‰
    * whispers .. had awful sodden cold rowing boat experience as a child on Windermere :-/
    Seriously, I know they are quite quite beautiful .

May 2, 2013 at 11:20 am

• Hello Poppy πŸ™‚

Oh, OK, I will keep that between you and me then !!

The seriously great news for everyone else is you lived to tell the story! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

And go back, maybe take one of the big boats this time!!!!

πŸ™‚

May 2, 2013 at 12:53 pm

• poppytump

:- )

May 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm

8. A lovely reminder of some very happy days on Lake Windermere.

May 3, 2013 at 1:10 pm