Morning rain on Loch Lomand

Rain on Loch Lomond 2
Nikon D7000, 35mm f1.8 lens
Rain falling on Lock Lomand, Scotland
Landscape Photography : Nigel Borrington

Last week I stayed in Luss on the banks of loch lomond, Scotland.

I got up early and walked down the the water front, it was a very wet morning so I took a large brolly with me and my Nikon. The rain was so heavy that it gave the entire surface of the loch take on a matt look. I took lots of images as you can see below.

The water level in the Loch is very high at the moment as you can see from the pier, used for local boat trips, as it was flooded and about two inches below the surface.

Rain on Loch Lomand : Gallery

Rain on Loch Lomond 1

Sunday on Loch Lomand

Rain on Loch Lomond 3

Rain on Loch Lomond 4

Rain on Loch Lomond 2

1. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

Interesting to see the Loch again (35 years since I was there).

November 11, 2013 at 11:45 am

• Hello Vicki πŸ™‚

That’s a long time, I bet you still remember seeing it, it’s a magical place to visit.

I don’t know about then but you can take a water taxi trip the full length to get even better view. This was just an over night stay, next time though I will do this trip πŸ™‚

November 11, 2013 at 11:55 am

• Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

I find all the Lochs in Scotland amazing.
        I remember staying in an old castle (converted to a Youth Hostel) next to Loch Ness. I’d love to visit all of the UK again with my camera in tow (and for the first time, Ireland), but I’m afraid accommodation costs would be too high. If I was going to pay the airfare & taxes, I’d be wanting to stay a month or two to get around the coast via hire car.

And my back is too painful & stiff in the mornings to take just any old bed in a cheap Youth Hostel these days.

Doesn’t stop me dreaming of travel though.

November 12, 2013 at 1:40 am

• Hello Vicki πŸ™‚

Are you on facebook ? would love to help you with this comment (UK Ireland trip) but not here !

November 12, 2013 at 10:28 pm

2. Lovely shots Nigel. I like the effect the rain has on the Loch πŸ™‚

November 11, 2013 at 12:16 pm

• Hello Norma πŸ™‚

Thank you πŸ™‚ Yes , a bit like slow shutter but with out reflections πŸ™‚

The noise of the rain was just wonderful too πŸ™‚

November 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

3. Wonderful rain images, Nigel :). I love the perspective from the pier and the mountains in the background. Shooting from beneath a brolly – brilliant! Thank you for the idea πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ :).

November 13, 2013 at 12:39 pm