Monday morning, Sunrise

Monday Morning Sunrise
Nikon D7000, 35mm focus, iso 100
Monday morning sunrise
Landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

A Monday sunrise

Up early this morning I returned to the same location as I walked in yesterday afternoon.

It is near a place called Ahenny, County Kilkenny. the road from the village rises up over some hills and at the top offers some great views of both county’s Kilkenny and Tipperary. The Sun has risen a little time before and is just hiding its self behind some clouds. It has been totally blue sky’s for about ten days which for Ireland is very rare, this morning however we have some light cloud cover that is moving inland.

Monday Morning’s and starting a new week, well I feel a little cloudy myself this morning for some reason and need to get moving but just for a moment I stop to look at the views. When you work for yourself is would be very easy to just give in to these views and stay here for the day just looking at any changes that the day will bring to the landscape, the movement of the sun, farmers working in the fields, wildlife moving its way across the land.

We live our lives as part of this moving landscape below, yet how often do we stop and look at it. We just keep moving in it, life flying past.

Maybe just now and then we should press the stop button and stand still for once, maybe to truly stop and look at all this movement will give use something of a gift. A gift that we can use once we see everything for what it is.

Examining the movement of life may help you understand, needed movement the things we need to do, the things we want to do and then the things we just do for no valid reason what so ever. Pointless time spent doing things just because we always do them. Never stopping to see that we don’t need to do these things they are not doing anything for us or for anyone.

I have a feeling just looking at the week starting that my future is in this story somewhere, finding the things I should be doing, the things I want to do but most of all cutting out the things I just do not have any reason or obligation to do.

Monday Morning Sunrise Tipperary
Nikon D7000, 35mm focus, iso 100
Monday morning sunrise
Landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

1. Yes! it is so important to stop and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us – for movement to be imbued with meaning there must be moments of still quiet and today’s modern lifestyles leave little room for them – we must make room for still and quiet for then the voice within can find fuller expression – that is the true voice of our humanity – Goethe said that FORM was movement come to rest – thanks!

July 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm

• Hello Dnikias πŸ™‚

What a brilliant and appreciated comment, thank you πŸ™‚

July 15, 2013 at 12:50 pm

2. Absolutely, Nigel. Stillness and contemplation without distraction. Making time to let your mind wander without a plan. Self reflection. Nothing could be more conducive to this mindset than watching a magnificent sunrise :-).

Just a lovely post of filled with wisdom and beauty. :-).

July 15, 2013 at 12:42 pm

• Hello Sharon.. πŸ™‚

Thank you very much for such a lovely comment, My only wish would be to be able to connect the ideas that come out of stillness with actions, but I think we all have that ambition.

Your comment is so good I am just going to leave it there and let people reflect upon it πŸ™‚

July 15, 2013 at 12:55 pm

• πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

July 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm

3. What a beautiful image and words to go with it. Thank you… you just made my day, Nigel!

July 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I hope you have a great week ahead πŸ™‚

July 15, 2013 at 4:08 pm

4. artscottnet

these are spectacular images, Nigel. Love the rays, beautiful captures

July 15, 2013 at 5:18 pm

• Hello Scott πŸ™‚

Thank you, as always your comments keep me so up beet, thank you πŸ™‚

July 16, 2013 at 12:50 am

5. Those images feel spiritual… sacred. Beautiful.

July 15, 2013 at 10:13 pm

• Hello Elen πŸ™‚

Thank you πŸ™‚ , Very pleased that you got a great feeling from them, that’s what its all about, sharing a feeling πŸ™‚

July 16, 2013 at 12:52 am

6. I’m all for a stop button Nigel. You are so right…we carry on everyday without examining the things around us. The photos are breathtaking. The sun hiding behind the cloud and the colours in the second one in particular are stunning. A little piece of heaven peeking through πŸ™‚

July 16, 2013 at 1:37 pm

• Hello Norma ….

Thank you for your comments, I think that’s correct – we don’t give ourselves enough time to just examine what we do, even to just change the odd thing could make a big difference πŸ™‚

Thanks for the image comment :), very pleased you liked and enjoyed it – I was very pleased with this one πŸ™‚

July 16, 2013 at 2:46 pm

7. gtonthenet

Love the sunset photo – fantastic

July 16, 2013 at 8:19 pm

• Hello πŸ™‚

Thank you , very happy you enjoyed πŸ™‚

July 16, 2013 at 9:00 pm