Sunset over Rome

Roman sunset 4
All Images using a Nikon D90, 18-200mm vr2 lens, iso 600

A Roman sunset

These images where taken on the last evening of a trip to Rome two years ago, its was one of the best city holidays I have ever been on and the last days weather was just amazing. My brother had already left on a train from Rome’s Termini train Station and my own bus to the airport was only about an hour away but the sunset was just wonderful so of I went in a mad rush to get some images and here they are.

They cost me €80 to get, as this was the cost of the taxi, by the time I got to the bus – well I only got a view of the back of it as it speeded away minus myself.

Sunset over Rome – a Gallery

Roman sunset 1

Roman sunset 2

Roman sunset 3

1. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

Just beautiful, Nigel.

July 12, 2013 at 1:12 pm

• Hello Victoria πŸ™‚

Thank you so much, very happy that you liked these images πŸ™‚

July 12, 2013 at 1:54 pm

2. And well worth missing your bus. What a great story!

Nigel these are spectacular. The light on the colosseum is just magical. The city looks beautiful bathed in golden rays…….

Italy is next on my list πŸ™‚

July 12, 2013 at 1:17 pm

• Hello Sharon

Yes I hope so, its just one of the best cities you can visit – you will not be able to leave it very easily. I almost stayed πŸ™‚

July 12, 2013 at 1:57 pm

3. Stunning photos Nigel. We’re off to Rome in December and I hope I can capture some great shots too πŸ™‚

July 12, 2013 at 2:27 pm

• Hello Norma πŸ™‚

That’s brilliant for you, it’s just simply the best city you can visit, there is so much in such a smallish city that you will never be left wondering what to do – I hope you have a great time πŸ™‚

I have a great book if you need to ask about anything , please Do !!!!

July 12, 2013 at 2:59 pm

• Thanks Nigel. I’m very excited about it and can’t wait. I’ll ask if I think of anything thanks
        πŸ™‚

July 12, 2013 at 3:11 pm

4. Defo worth it. If you happen to be of a literary mind, you will see how I imagine these photos could illustrate Edith Wharton’s short story, “Roman Fever”. At the time the story was written, Roman fever referred to malaria, which was easily inflicted on careless tourists due to all the mosquitoes in the swampy area that surrounded Rome at the time. The story has a wonderful twist at the end–give it a quick read if you get a chance. It’s quite amusing and not really about malaria at all!

July 12, 2013 at 6:54 pm

• Hello Alli..:)

Thank you, I will go have a look for this πŸ™‚

Many thanks, that ‘s wonderful of you to pass that on, I will let you know when I have read it πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

July 12, 2013 at 9:55 pm

5. The light on the first one is fantastic, you’ve really picked the right moment ! great shots Nigel !

July 13, 2013 at 1:32 pm

6. I’ve been admiring your photos in my Reader for a while now and no doubt ‘liked’ a few. So glad to find the time to pop over to your blog and find a whole gallery when I thought you had just posted one photo! I love the light in the first one too – the crisp outline of the tree is amazing.

July 13, 2013 at 7:35 pm

• Hello πŸ™‚

Thank you for such great comments, very much welcomed and appreciated. I am very pleased you enjoyed this post and the images of Rome πŸ™‚

July 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm

7. Stunning especially the first one you can almost feel the warmth on your face looking at it

July 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm

• Hello Paula

Thank you, yes even at that time of day it was very warm πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

July 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm

8. Great stuff! You are very welcome to check out mine from my recent trip to the Eternal city. It really is a city of countless photo opportunities!

July 19, 2013 at 12:21 pm