This Old Caravan

Old Caravan
Nikon D200, 50mm f1.4 lens
The old Caravan
Walton Court, Oysterhaven Bay
County Cork

I took these images one September afternoon while we were on a weeks holiday at Walton Court, Kinsale, County Cork. I was walking our dog Molly down towards the beach when we came across this old wooden Caravan.

I just had to get some shots, it makes you wonder about the life it has had and how long it has been sitting here.

I found the owner the next day and its been a long term dream to restore it but I think the downturn has probably delayed that a little, one day however it would be wonderful to see it looking as new

Nigel

1. Photos close to home

Like the way you worked this subject. Too often I tend to take one photograph and move on without exploring the subject further.

May 3, 2013 at 3:27 pm

• Hello Ben,

Thank you !

That’s a good point ! , Its amazing what you will see if you spend some time with a subject, sometimes it is even a good idea to keep the camera in its bag until you really feel you know your subject and what you can do with it.

Nigel

May 3, 2013 at 6:52 pm

2. Again, excellent pictures.

May 3, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I will call in to your blog over the weekend, your visits here and support are more than welcome πŸ™‚

Nigel

May 3, 2013 at 6:29 pm

3. To my mind its much better to have recorded it before it’s restored. I agree with Ben’s point also. Nice images Neil.

May 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm

• Hello Mari, thank you for such a great comment!! πŸ™‚

That’s a good point, a before and after set would be wonderful don’t you think ?

I must keep in contact with them.

Nigel

May 3, 2013 at 9:57 pm

4. What a great find! Your images are inspiring. I only wish I had more time…

May 3, 2013 at 7:12 pm

• hello Rene πŸ™‚

Thank you for such a kind comment πŸ™‚

Keep a camera with you everywhere Rene, you will be amazed with what you start to see, even in the office when at work, they may think your a bit nuts but so what, we all are!!!

Nigel

May 3, 2013 at 10:00 pm

• I actually do take my Canon 40D with me everywhere I go, but I don’t always have opportunity to use it, especially if I’m with someone who might grow impatient. Some have thought I’m a bit nuts when they feel how heavy my purse it… lol.

May 3, 2013 at 10:29 pm

• πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

May 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm

5. poppytump

What a gorgeous find Nigel ! just think of the travels round the lanes of the Isle maybe that will have had being pulled by old faithful horse, rag taggle children running alongside .
    Old peeling paint has such a wonderful look hasn’t it .

May 3, 2013 at 9:36 pm

• Yes Poppy, that is the first thing that took me also!

Can you imagine the stories it could tell!!!

πŸ™‚

May 3, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Beautiful photos – and so unexpected!

May 4, 2013 at 1:19 am