Stradbally cove and caves, County Waterford

Stradbally Cave 4
Stradbally Cove and caves, County Waterford
Irish Landscape Photography : Nigel Borrington

The cove at Stradbally, County Waterford is on of my favourite places to visit along the coast line of souther Ireland, it a deep cove that contains some wonderful little caves that have a long history, Most likely used for smuggling goods in the past.

These days they more used to take shelter from bad weather or just sit in and enjoy for views of the blue sea here , they are a great feature well worth a visit.

Stradbally Cove and cave: Gallery

Stradbally Cave 1

Stradbally Cave 2

Stradbally Cave 3

Stradbally Cave 5

1. nice to see the blue skies, Nigel!

February 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm

2. The sea, the sea … the stuff of dreams.

February 24, 2014 at 6:37 pm

3. Beautiful, Nigel. What’s not to love about a good cave? 🙂

February 24, 2014 at 9:29 pm

• Hello Elen 🙂

Very true , I love beach cave the best though , 🙂 🙂

February 25, 2014 at 2:14 pm

4. Absolutely wonderful Nigel. I did write to you, perhaps you did not receive. I would imagine that your photos are copyrighted but I wondered if I could post on my FB timeline for my friends, mostly family, to see. Our family came from County Tipperary and I was researching The Rock of Cashel and found that beneath it is a Temple to Goddess Danu. My daughter was so thrilled to find this out. None of us have been to Ireland but your pictures stir feelings within us that urge us to do so. Thank you for posting such great images.

February 24, 2014 at 11:37 pm

• Hello Lynette 🙂

Thank you , Yes I did get your message and sent you a reply 🙂 🙂

One day you will be able to come and I can imagine just how much you will love it !!!

The rely I sent is here :

Below your comment !!! 🙂

February 25, 2014 at 2:13 pm

5. Great aspects Nigel – your images invite tales of treasure hordes stashed by moonlight!

February 25, 2014 at 6:07 am

• Hello Anne and Monty 🙂 🙂

Yes Hee Hee !!!

I can imagine all the boxs and the old sea dogs 🙂 🙂 🙂

February 25, 2014 at 2:09 pm

• Scurvy knaves a-plenty! : )))

February 25, 2014 at 11:20 pm

6. The texture here is so well caught – have just seen an art exhibition of work on strata and stone so much like this

March 2, 2014 at 6:08 pm

• Hello Diana 🙂

Thank you , well that’s great to know I hope you enjoyed it , I love the different colours and textures in these cliffs we have along are coast lines 🙂

March 3, 2014 at 10:44 am