Life in an October hedgerow

Horse fly 1
Nikon D7000, nikon 60mm f2.8 macro lens
Life in a county Kilkenny hedgerow
Irish nature and landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

In an October hedge-row

The Hedgerows in county Kilkenny at this time of year are so full of life, Insects, berries, flowers and leafs.

I just love capturing all of these natural things as they change and get ready for the winter !

Life in an October hedgerow : Gallery

Ivy 1
Ivy leaf

Horse fly 2
Horse fly

Blackberrie leaf 1
Blackberry Leaf

1. Oh I just love these!!

A terrific collection of closeups, Nigel πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

You certainly got the fly-eye, and then some!

There’s a whole ‘nother world in that hedgerow. Thanks for the tour :).

October 30, 2013 at 11:53 am

• Hello Sharon πŸ™‚

Thank you and I am very happy you enjoyed getting close to hedgerow things ! πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm

2. Ha … I tried to shoot a macro of a bee on a flower this morning. Guess what happened … At the moment I wanted to shoot the wind suddenly came up … Keep looking forward to your pictures Nigel. Love the macros in this posting!
    Greetings from a wonderful (and at the moment very windy) village somewhere in nowhere in South Africa.
    Herman

October 30, 2013 at 11:58 am

• Thank you, very pleased yo enjoyed this post !

Re: you bee πŸ™‚ yes any form of wind or movement is so difficult in Macro photography.

You just need to keep waiting for your subject to stop moving or get your shutter speed as fast as possible and hope !

I have been wondering about some small LED lights so that I can have as fast a shutter speed as possible πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm

• I keep track of the latest development but I prefer to work with just my camera and the 2 lenses and without any additional ‘artificial’ add ons like lightning equipment and so on. That’s a promise I made myself and I’m not used breaking promises … But a few extra lenses (such as Zeiss 135 macro) would surely improve some of my work. But those lenses are expensive… πŸ˜‰

October 30, 2013 at 1:47 pm

3. Ha you get those horse flies over there too hey! Annoying buggers they are! Wonderful collection Nigel πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 12:30 pm

• Hello Norma πŸ™‚

Thank you πŸ™‚ I love them until they nip you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 1:05 pm

4. I reeeaaaalllllyyyyyy love these.

October 30, 2013 at 1:02 pm

• Hello Merilee πŸ™‚

Thank you , very pleased you did and commented πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 1:06 pm

5. poppytump

What a steady hand and eye Nigel ! Beautiful macros indeed πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 2:09 pm

• Hello Poppy πŸ™‚

Thank you !

Very pleased you enjoyed them and commented! πŸ™‚

October 30, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Gorgeous images Nigel – so crisp and vibrant!

November 17, 2013 at 10:44 am