Killybegs, County Donegal

killbegs 1
Killybegs, County Donegal
Irish landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

Killybegs, County Donegal

Killybegs has a long History with the Irish fishing industry and is one of the top fishing port in the country.

The town is located on the South West Donegal Pennisula, it is an ideal place to base yourself when visiting the North West of Ireland, with locations such as the sea cliffs at Sliabh League.

The day I took these images I spent hours just watching the fishing boats unload, slowly walking along the harbour and taking images of the boats and some views of the town. This is a great location to visit and a festival is held here at the start of August each year which includes music and family entertainment – all live on the festival stage in the centre of the town.

Killybegs, County Donegal: Gallery

killbegs 2

killbegs 3

killbegs 4

killbegs 5

killbegs 6

killbegs 7

1. You are so causing me to want to come to Ireland!

October 3, 2013 at 2:04 am

2. Hello Elen,

And

You would get a big welcome from everyone here πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 3, 2013 at 2:05 am

Just stunningly captured Nigel – a wonderful sense of place.

October 3, 2013 at 2:06 am

• Hello Anne πŸ™‚

Thank you πŸ™‚ , I just loved capturing some these images of Killybegs, a great fishing town…

Very happy you enjoyed them…. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 3, 2013 at 9:07 am

P.s. Bord Failte should get a load of the comments on your blog – you’re a one-man tourism generator!!

October 3, 2013 at 2:07 am

5. Nigel, wonderful images! I’m always taken with images of boats. None seem to be the same.

October 3, 2013 at 2:23 am

• Hello Robin πŸ™‚

Thank you, yes that is very true and a great observation, shapes, colours, size – your right.

I thinks that’s why they make such great subject for photography….

October 3, 2013 at 9:11 am

6. Just a wonderful gallery Nigel!!

I love the vibrant colors of the boats – every one different and interesting in its own way. How great to have a job working around this place. πŸ™‚

I really love the yellow hotel against the clouds and mountains in the background. And also the cloudscape, and of course the dark storm approaching in the last image.

Yes, this is a place I’d love to spend a day (or three) walking around and just watching the boats and people and activity.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 3, 2013 at 3:47 am

• Hello Sharon πŸ™‚

Just perfect comments Sharon πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

So I am going the just let them rest here !!!! Thank you πŸ™‚

October 3, 2013 at 9:19 am

7. What a great start to the day. Killybegs was my Dad’s home and a place we visited regularly as children. He was involved in the fishing industry with BIM so the pier and the trawlers were very familiar to us. Love the pictures, they brings me back.:)

October 3, 2013 at 7:55 am

• Hello Tric πŸ™‚

Well that’s a great start to my day as well, to here that !!

Never far from the Sea, I love being close to places like Killybegs πŸ™‚

October 3, 2013 at 9:16 am

8. Nigel what can I say that has not been said? You have a lovely perspective and I always look forward to seeing what you will share next. Thank you.

October 3, 2013 at 11:45 am

• Hello Rebecca πŸ™‚

Thank you, these are just lovely comments, Very – very happy that you enjoy it here πŸ™‚

Thank’s Rebecca πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚