Molly and Me – A new photo series

Molly an me 1
Molly our Golden Retriever
Irish photography by : Nigel Borrington

Molly and Me

While out walking Molly, Our 10 year old Golden Retriever yesterday, I noticed – not for the first time how good she is at finding great subjects to take Images of. I very often notice something she is very interested in and find that it’s a perfect subject for an image.

So I was thinking and then decided that from today and during the winter Months, into the future, I am going to create a new photo series call molly and me.

I want to capture just what plant life and locations interest her when she is out on a walk and capture these objects and moments

I have a good friend that I have got to know in Australia, Anne Casey and her dog Monty, please go and check out her blog she does this kind of story telling very well. Her Blog is just perfect and to myself is what blogging is all about.

Molly and Me : A Gallery

Molly an me 2

Molly an me 1

Molly an me 3

Molly an me 4

1. Awww beautiful Molly. I wish I could give her a cuddle. Wonderful captures of her Nigel πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 1:27 pm

• Hello Norma πŸ™‚

She would love that too ….. πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 2:18 pm

2. lyonsroarforgod

What a happy dog! πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm

3. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

Love the whole idea of your new series. I think you’ll be really delighted with what Molly turns up and being so photogenic, Molly will be the perfect…………pointer/hound/sniffer dog.

October 1, 2013 at 2:02 pm

• Hello Vicki

Thank you Vicki for both the comment and visit πŸ™‚

I hope so, she always manages to find great things and uncover anything that she finds interesting πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 5:21 pm

4. Great idea for posts. Any excuse to look at a beautiful golden retriever. When we used to go to Donegal on holiday as children, our farm neighbours had one. For the two weeks he rambled everywhere in the company of my younger brother and I. They are such hugely pleasant memories.

October 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm

• Hello Tric πŸ™‚

Thank you for the visit and comment πŸ™‚

Yes, they are perfect Family dogs, they just love to be around people and if they can to please them.

Molly is just the same and has been a wonderful friend to have around and be with πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm

5. Nice shots Nigel

October 1, 2013 at 2:36 pm

• Hello Andrew πŸ™‚

Great to see you here and thank you very much πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Hope your own puppy is doing very well πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 5:15 pm

6. What a wonderful series!! I can’t wait to see more of beautiful Ireland through Miss Molly’s perspective πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 2:57 pm

• Hello Sharon πŸ™‚

Great :), I think she will be very happy to as she will continue to get out and about and her head into wild places. πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 5:23 pm

7. p.s. – Wonderful images here Nigel πŸ™‚

Molly is so photogenic – I just can’t get enough of her happy, smiling face. πŸ™‚ Thank you πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm

• Hello Sharon πŸ™‚

She will have to get a face-book account and you could tell her yourself, for now she is very happy with your comment πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 5:25 pm

8. This is such a wonderful post! Thanks!

October 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm

• Hello Navery πŸ™‚

Thank you so much that a very welcome and appreciated comment, very pleased you enjoyed it πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 5:17 pm

9. OMG….she is just beautiful!

October 1, 2013 at 6:31 pm

• Hello πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 11:02 pm

10. I LOVE THIS! So much like my dog! She smells everything and what a great idea to get a Molly view of things. I wonder if those flowers have a particular smell that drew her to them? I wonder about my dog as well. I have a Cocker Spaniel, she loves to chase rabbits. However, since I live in a neighborhood she has a 18ft. lead so she run likes crazy till she gets to the end and nearly jerks herself up in the air. She keeps doing this and I wonder, if she a little dingy like me or loves rabbits so much she loses all rational thinking. I think it’s the second. I’m taking a break from work and loved this! πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 6:39 pm

• Hello Michelle πŸ™‚

That’s a great comment re the lead, you are far from alone, Molly is just the same. you get to know the moment they are going to do it and get ahead of what they are thinking, it’s the only why Michelle πŸ™‚

OMG I can live every moment for you πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

October 1, 2013 at 11:09 pm

• Awh. Last night I took my Angel dog for a walk around the top of our neighborhood. She literally stops and plants her nose in the curb by the grass and I could not make her budge. So I got out my phone and shined the light on her sniffing spot and there was a dead snake. OMG that was so freaky. Then she started to lay down on it. I picked her up and set her down in the street but she still tried to go back. What are their obsessions with dead things? This tells me I need to walk sooner so I can see snakes if there are any. I live in the country and my dog is adventurous for sure!
        I love that you live by a beach. I think that would be wonderful!
        Have a super day Nigel! πŸ™‚

October 2, 2013 at 2:37 pm

11. She is so beautiful!!!! I love the last pic of her with the Little leaves around her nose…I have two Border Collies and everyday is a fiesta: a stick, a creek, a bird…It is always the same stick, the same creek,…(different bird, I think :)) …But really I have learned about the beautiful little things that surround us thanks to them…
    I think yours is a great idea!

October 1, 2013 at 7:26 pm

• Hello ilargia πŸ™‚

Collies, just wonderful – yes just to watch them explore it must be brilliant πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 11:13 pm

12. Molly is so beautiful, and you captured her perfectly! The images are superb!

October 1, 2013 at 9:03 pm

• Hello Rene,

I will pass the other comment on to her – thank you πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 11:14 pm

13. poppytump

((Molly)) πŸ™‚
    Look forward to the new series Nigel !

October 1, 2013 at 9:34 pm

• Hello Poppy πŸ™‚

Great, I have a feeling she will enjoy it also πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 11:15 pm

14. Lovely pictures πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 9:37 pm

• Hello Hanna πŸ™‚

Thank you πŸ™‚ Molly will be pleased too πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 2, 2013 at 11:37 am

Aw Nigel, I love this new series. These are really gorgeous photos of Molly and her find. But what a mad, crazy, lovely surprise at the end – to find Monty and myself mentioned! That is so very kind of you!! Currently away without a computer, and not adept enough from the mobile, but will link to you guys once we’re home. : ))))

October 2, 2013 at 12:08 am

• Hello Anne πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

My Pleasure Anne, I just love your Blog and your care of and love for Monty, you give him the life many dogs just dream of πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

October 2, 2013 at 11:36 am

16. Help me, Rhonda. And what a great idea for a series.

October 3, 2013 at 12:13 am

17. It is a pleasure to look at your pictures. The way you have them on the white background is so pleasing. I have a few pictures of my son’s golden retriever on my blog. They are such loving companions. πŸ™‚

October 9, 2013 at 10:11 am