In a September hedgerow – Hover flys, Honey bees and Crane flys

In the hedgerow 7
All images taken using a Fujifilm x100
In a Kilkenny Hedgerow, September 2013 – Hover flys and Crane flys
Landscape and nature Photography, Nigel Borrington

In September all the insects in the hedgerow seem to come to life, they feed frantically on the remaining flowers and fruit before the Autumn takes hold.

In the hedgerow 9

In the hedgerow 8

In the hedgerow 23

Wow and triple wow!!! These are absolutely outstanding images Nigel! Aside from the technical excellence, you must have incredible patience!!!

September 3, 2013 at 10:54 am

2. Hello Anne πŸ™‚

That’s a truly wonderful thing to say Anne, thank you !

Yes I guess so, but I think it’s a love of finding these small creatures and plants πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

September 3, 2013 at 11:01 am

3. artscottnet

Hi… these are astonishing images Nigel. I can imagine you setting up your equipment and waiting for what seems like hours, if not literally so, to get these excellent captures. I’m always amazed at all the small details in the plants and insects – few truly realize how important they are, making life possible, thanks for sharing

September 3, 2013 at 11:29 am

• Hello Scott,

Thank you, I just love spending time with these creatures and plants.

I spent a big part of my life living in a city and never take it for granted to be able to be out in the fields amongst the wild life.

Cities still have places to see and record wild life at the same time πŸ™‚

September 3, 2013 at 12:02 pm

4. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

Great shots Nigel.

September 3, 2013 at 2:11 pm

5. These are wonderful Nigel. Life is everywhere for anyone willing to take the time to look.

Which you do, and find and present it perfectly!

The hoverflys look like honeybees. πŸ™‚

I’ve noticed most of the later-summer blooming wildflowers are this bright yellow, as if to get out one last shout :-).

September 3, 2013 at 4:29 pm

• Hello Sharon πŸ™‚

You may be correct about the bees, I looked at lot’s of bees and none had the same looking head and they were all bigger.

If anyone can help it would be very welcome πŸ™‚

September 3, 2013 at 6:59 pm

6. Absolutely stunning photographs, Nigel!

September 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

• Hello Bc πŸ™‚

Thank you, very pleased you enjoyed them πŸ™‚

September 3, 2013 at 7:00 pm

7. I’ve nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. See my latest post for details and my feeble attempt to photograph a moth. πŸ™‚

September 3, 2013 at 10:45 pm

• Hello Thank you πŸ™‚

I will come have look, thank you again πŸ™‚

September 4, 2013 at 4:03 pm