Monday Morning Nature Photography and a Poetry , “The Spiders web” by E.B. White

Wildlife and Nature images Spider in her web Nigel Borrington

Wildlife and Nature images
Spider in her web
Nigel Borrington

This Morning while walking through our local woods, I came across a Gorse bush and noticed that its was decorated with spiders webs. Each web was covered in early morning dew, so I started to take a few photographs, while doing so I noticed that the spider who had most likely spent most of the night creating these amazing structures was still at work.

It was a great moment! just to stop and watch her as she continued to work on finishing just another one of so many of her webs, I managed to captures some close up images , some of which I share here – πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

“The Spiders web” by E.B. White

The spider, dropping down from twig,
Unfolds a plan of her devising,
A thin premeditated rig
To use in rising.

And all that journey down through space,
In cool descent and loyal hearted,
She spins a ladder to the place
From where she started.

Thus I, gone forth as spiders do
In spider’s web a truth discerning,
Attach one silken thread to you
For my returning.
E.B. White

Spiders web Gallery

a-spider-on-slievenamon-nigel-borrington-5

a-spider-on-slievenamon-nigel-borrington-4

a-spider-on-slievenamon-nigel-borrington-3

a-spider-on-slievenamon-nigel-borrington-2

Wildlife and Nature images Spider in her web Nigel Borrington

a-spider-on-slievenamon-nigel-borrington-6

1. unusual capture Nigel

October 24, 2016 at 4:07 pm

• Hi Diana πŸ™‚

It was a real lesson this one, you never know what you can find when you think nothing is going on ! , getting in closer πŸ™‚ well worth another look πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 24, 2016 at 11:31 pm

2. I definitely do not like spiders, but the works of art they create are stunning and you’ve certainly captured the magic in these πŸ™‚

October 24, 2016 at 4:18 pm

• Hi Morgan πŸ™‚

Somehow I have got to love these little insects over the last few years , they are the most creative and clever of the insect world , our world after all πŸ™‚ , it was amazing watching the skill of this web being made πŸ™‚

October 24, 2016 at 11:28 pm

• I can agree they are highly skilled, but they give me the willies lol.

October 25, 2016 at 12:42 am

• Haha , πŸ™‚ I can get that ! πŸ™‚

October 25, 2016 at 12:45 am

3. Fabulous Nigel

October 24, 2016 at 5:57 pm

• Hi Elaine πŸ™‚

One of those very special moments in life , looking at this web being constructed πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

October 24, 2016 at 11:24 pm

4. With all my superior brain power I could not possibly construct something as symmetrical and efficient as a spider web without lots of measuring, calculating, planning etc etc. And there goes the spider, making wonders without exerting any brain power at all…

October 24, 2016 at 8:59 pm

• Hi Alli πŸ™‚

It makes you wonder doesn’t it πŸ™‚ , it does not wash just to say it instincts only , watching her work on this web was a true work of art πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ ,creative and adaptive πŸ™‚

October 24, 2016 at 11:22 pm