Reflections on the river Barrow.

Tails from the river bank 7
The River Barrow, Goresbridge, county Kilkenny
Landscape photography : Nigel Borrington

The River Barrow flows from its source at Glenbarrow in the Slieve Bloom Mountains, County Laois to the Celtic Sea at the harbour of Waterford.

The river also forms a natural border between parts of counties Kilkenny and Carlow and Kilkenny and Wexford.

I Completed walking all the stages of the river last year, my favourite part of the river however is around the Goresbridge area, county Kilkenny.

The images below are just some taken at Goresbridge, during June of 2014.

River Barrow Gallery

Tails from the river bank 1

Tails from the river bank 2

Tails from the river bank 3

Tails from the river bank 4

Tails from the river bank 5

Tails from the river bank 6

1. So beautiful. Serenity.

June 11, 2014 at 12:59 pm

• Hello Elen πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Thank you , this is one of my forget the world spots πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

June 11, 2014 at 10:00 pm

2. Stunning bunch of images Nigel, its hard to pick out one as a favorite. Is that a church or Tower house in the background of the first image? Sorry I’m not to familiar with KIlkenny. We got a rather nice section of the Barrow up in Monasterevin. πŸ™‚

June 11, 2014 at 2:38 pm

• Hello Ed πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Yes it the church in the town !!!

I just love the Barrow, Your not that far from the source up there I guess . I must go and do some walking in the hills again this year !!!!!

June 11, 2014 at 10:07 pm

3. Jessie Murphy

Hi Nigel.
    Im so glad you enjoyed your walk by the Barrow in the area of Goresbridge. I’m from the village and enjoy the same walk a few times a week.
    My father was a fisherman in his spare time, and thought me how to look, listen and feel the spiritual beauty of the river. He never used any of those words but that’s what i learned through just being there with him …
    I love the photos you have posted and just want to say thanks!!

October 11, 2014 at 7:26 pm

• Hello Jessie πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

It sounds like your Father was a great man , you live in a wonderful area and its a real gift to be that close !!!! πŸ™‚

I am more thank pleased you liked the images , thank you for your very kind comments πŸ™‚

October 13, 2014 at 12:36 pm